BAFTA winning actress and producer Juliet Aubrey offers ACTING TRAINING and AUDITION TUITION via Skype interactive video. Juliet has worked extensively as an actress in film , TV, and theatre since graduating from The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama in 1991.She is currently producing her first feature film. Her most recent work includes playing Lily in the American TV series “Snatch”; Sister Joan in the series Van Der Valk currently airing on ITV; and Brad Furman’s feature film “The Infiltrator”, where she plays Evelyn opposite Bryan Cranston. On stage Juliet has just completed a run of Arthur Miller’s “The Last Yankee” directed by David Thacker; and she also produces audiobooks, podcasts and other audio work from her recording studio Aubrey Studios.
“Whether you are already working on a project, and need help with script analysis/ building your character/ emotional preparation/ how to handle nerves; you are filming a SELF-TAPE, auditioning for a part, or for Drama School, or preparing pieces for GCSE/ ALEVEL/BTEC, or outside drama exams; or you are "IN-BETWEEN” and your goal is to practice and improve your acting/ improv/ character development skills/audition/ monologue/ and interviewing skills, without the pressure of a next day delivery, I can help! I know what it's like ...I've been there!”
- Help with filming SELF TAPES : Rehearse your scenes with me first then put them on tape with me as your reader. This is now a major way for actors and actresses to gain work and the industry is moving more and more in that direction.
- Audition preparation: Learn to overcome nerves and tackle oncoming auditions with confidence and precision.
- Monologue selection: Choosing the right monologue; what to take into account.
- Text / script analysis: how to unlock, interpret and apply the text.
- Building a character: Unravel the complexities that make up a person and apply them creatively in your acting.
- Emotional preparation: Development of emotional connection with your character.
- Physical work: Body language, gait, how to present yourself.
- Vocal work: Accents, speech patterns, vocal technique, tuning the instrument and building vocal stamina.
- Dialect coaching: How to connect your character emotionally to an accent and learn its phonetic, tonal and placement structure.
- Sight reading and interview techniques: Learn to apply these under the high pressure of last minute auditions.
- Techniques for memorising text: Reduce the possibility of forgetting your lines under pressure.
- Confidence building: Relaxation exercises and techniques for controlling and channelling nerves
- Showreels: Help with scene/ montage selection and order.
- Business presentation training: Learn to use acting techniques to conduct a successful presentation.
- Accent reduction training and personal speech technique