This tuition is aimed at those who feel their communication skills are being limited by a strong accent and unclear speech rhythm which others find difficult to understand and/or lack of self-confidence in their speech and communication skills in general. This includes anyone who wishes to enhance speech and communication skills in their working and daily lives, including speech rhythm, English Pronunciation and advanced phrasing skills. All tuition is tailor-made according to the needs and level of the individual. One to one tuition is offered via »Skype Interactive Video, or if you prefer to study with audio on your own, try the »Audio Study Zone, an access based learning resource offering instantly accessible voice warm up, articulation, communication and English pronunciation exercises.
Your unique study syllabus will be created from a selection of the following elements following your learning needs assessment.
- Phonetic breakdown of English: use phonetic skills to help you to master the English vowels and consonants.
- Vocal agility exercises: to exercise the facial muscles required for English speech. Speech rhythm of English: processes of connected speech and their effect on the overall sound of the language.
- Speech intonation: how the music of the voice affects the attitude/meaning of what you say.
- Relaxation techniques: breathing and posture exercises to enrich the quality and clarity of the voice.
- Confidence building: work with a variety of script and dialogue material for further practice.
- Speech style: how your choice of words and grammar can create a positive effect on the listener.
- Body language: increase the impact of your speech by using positive and effective body language.
- Recorded practice material: a practice MP3 file for each lesson covered in the lesson, so you can repeat the lesson as often as you wish.