Acting Training and Audition Preparation
Academy Award winning actress Juliet Aubrey offers »film, TV and theatre acting tuition via Skype interactive video. Juliet can help you develop your acting skills and tackle auditions with more confidence and precision. Juliet trained at Central School of Speech and Drama, and then went on to win a BAFTA for Best TV Actress in 1995 for her role as Dorothea in the BBC series Middlemarch. Since then she has worked extensively across film, TV and theatre, appearing in many critically acclaimed pieces: Welcome to Sarajevo, The Constant Gardener, Iris, Still Crazy, Primeval, Five Daughters, The White Queen, Inanov and Made to Measure amongst them. She is currently starring opposite Bryan Cranston in Brad Furman's movie The Infiltrator.
"Script analysis and the process of building a character are passions of mine. My aim is to enable people to work from a place of relaxation and uninhibited creativity whatever the situation"
Juliet's training is tailor-made to suit your specific needs and goals and includes:
• Audition preparation: Learn to overcome nerves and tackle oncoming auditions with confidence and precision.
• Monologue selection: Choosing the right monologue; what to take into account.
• Text / script analysis: how to unlock, interpret and apply the text.
• Building a character: Unravel the complexities that make up a person and apply them creatively in your acting.
• Emotional preparation: Development of emotional connection with your character.
• Physical work: Body language, gait, how to present yourself.
• Vocal work: Accents, speech patterns, vocal technique, tuning the instrument and building vocal stamina.
• Dialect coaching: How to connect your character emotionally to an accent and learn its phonetic, tonal and placement structure.
• Sight reading and interview techniques: Learn to apply these under the high pressure of last minute auditions.
• Techniques for memorising text: Reduce the possibility of forgetting your lines under pressure.
• Confidence building: Relaxation exercises and techniques for controlling and channelling nerves.
• Showreels: Help with scene/ montage selection and order.
• Business presentation training: Learn to use acting techniques to conduct a successful presentation.
- Enquire about Skype lessons with Juliet
- FULL BIOGRAPHY
- Work: Actor
- Training: Royal Central School of Speech and Drama (1988 - 1991): 3 year Acting Diploma
- Education: Kings College, University of London (1984 - 1988): BA Classics and Archaeology
- LATEST: Juliet has two major feature films slated for release this year: Mine: the Fabio Guaglione / Fabio Resinaro movie, and The Infiltrator, directed by Brad Furman. Her agent is Roger Charteris, The Artists Partnership.
- Awarded a BAFTA for her performance as Dorothea in the BBC's Middlemarch, she went on to take leading roles in many highly acclaimed feature films: Welcome to Sarajevo, Iris, The Constant Gardener, Look to the Sky, and Still Crazy amongst them. Awards earnt for her performances in these films include : La Boule, The Efebo d'Oro, The Broadcasting Press Guild, and a Golden Globe nomination. Well known recent roles for television include the time travelling villain Helen Cutter in Primeval, Marie in Five Daughters, Queen Elizabeth in Bertie and Elizabeth, Orla Fante in Hunted, Isabella in Measure for Measure, and Joy in The Village. Always returning to the stage, her first love, her theatre credits include: Ivanov (The National); Summerfolk (The National ); An Oak Tree ( Soho Theatre); The Three Sisters, Twelfth Night, and Much Ado About Nothing (Cry Havoc) ; The Long Mirror (Theatre Clwyd); The Tempest (The Oxford Stage Company), and The Collection (Kings' Players). She also spent 6 months developing devised pieces with Haris Pasovic's Sarajevo International Theatre Company, in Amsterdam.
- Juliet is an activist for human rights, and is Ambassador for Women for Women International.